Ravens Fall to Top-Seeded Pioneers in Return to HCAC Championship
The second-seeded Anderson University women’s tennis team (8-4) fell to top-seeded Transylvania University (8-0) by a score 5-0 during the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) Tournament Championship on Sunday at Top Seed Tennis Club in Nicholasville, Ky.
The second-seeded Anderson University women's tennis team (8-4) fell to top-seeded Transylvania University (8-0) by a score 5-0 during the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) Tournament Championship on Sunday at Top Seed Tennis Club in Nicholasville, Ky.
Transylvania secured the HCAC Tournament title and automatic qualifier in the NCAA Tournament for the fourth year in a row. Anderson has met Transylvania in the HCAC Tournament Championship match two years in a row and in three of the last four years.
Transylvania went undefeated in conference play for the third year in a row. Anderson secured the No. 2 seed in the HCAC Tournament after posting a 5-1 conference record during the regular season.
COACH MATT MOORE'S COMMENTS
Our players did an outstanding job throughout the entire Fall season. We achieved all of our preseason goals. We did this with class, growing in our faith and representing the Raven on our uniforms with pride. We will continue working as a team and defining the bright future that is AU women's tennis.
1. Katherine Taylor (Transylvania) def. Megan Long (Anderson) 6-1, 6-1
2. Grace Gardner (Transylvania) vs. Madelyn Brown (Anderson) 6-1, 5-1, unfinished
3. Jessica Burton (Transylvania) def. Ella Frantz (Anderson) 6-0, 6-1
4. Christina Duvall (Transylvania) vs. Jenna Kuntz (Anderson) 6-3, 2-1, unfinished
5. Maria Hayes (Transylvania) vs. Claire Hannaford (Anderson) 6-5, 5-1, unfinished
6. Maddy Williams (Transylvania) vs. Morgan Oconitrillo (Anderson) 6-3, 3-1, unfinished