Dyer’s Second-Place Finish Highlights HCAC Indoor Championships
Anderson University women’s track and field sophomore Lydia Dyer earned second place in the 800-meter run with a time of 2 minutes, 26.61 seconds during Saturday’s Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) Indoor Championships in Cincinnati.
Anderson University women's track and field sophomore Lydia Dyer earned second place in the 800-meter run with a time of 2 minutes, 26.61 seconds during Saturday's Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) Indoor Championships in Cincinnati.
Dyer received second-team all-HCAC honors with her finish.
Anderson finished 10th in the team standings with 16 points.
COACH NIC HUFFMAN'S COMMENTS
- Conference was the usual crazy day full of ups and downs, a full array of emotions and multiple types of exhaustion. I felt we did an overall terrific job of preparing to compete well because we had a lot of personal bests at the right time. The team rallied around each other for support and strength throughout the whole day, plus tremendous fan support.
- The women gave it their best, which is all I can ask for. It's a very young team and we aren't deep enough on our roster to be truly competitive in the conference this year. I'm proud of how they competed and developed throughout the season. They will only continue to improve. I'm excited to keep growing and developing throughout the season.
- Rose-Hulman – 195.5
- Hanover – 127.5
- Manchester – 89
- Franklin – 79
- Mount St. Joseph – 40
- Transylvania – 37
- Defiance – 25
- Bluffton – 22
- Earlham – 20
- Anderson – 16
- Lydia Dyer – 800 – 2:26.61 – 2nd Place – Second-Team All-HCAC
- 4,000 Distance Medley Relay Team – Callie Guthrie, Jaycie Sones, Emilie Penick, Jasmyn Benjamin – 15:11.79 – 6th Place
- 4x400 Relay Team – Julia Drier, Emilie Penick, Jaycie Sones, Lydia Dyer – 4:37.23 – 7th Place – Season Best
- 4x200 Relay Team – Julia Drier, Jaycie Sones, Jaclyn Wilson, Jasmyn Benjamin – 2:01.02 – 7th Place
- Paige McKain – 3,000 – 11:58.57 – 8th Place – Personal Record
- Emilie Penick – 800 – 2:39.57 – Season Best
- Callie Guthrie – 3,000 – 13:11.61 – Season Best
The Ravens return to the outdoor season on Saturday, March 25 in the Hanover College Invitational at 11 a.m. in Hanover.