Ravens Suffer Loss to Panthers on Senior Day
The Anderson University women’s soccer team (7-4-2, 4-2) suffered a 3-0 loss to Hanover College (9-2-2, 5-0-1) during Saturday’s Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) match at Fridley Field.
The Anderson University women's soccer team (7-4-2, 4-2) suffered a 3-0 loss to Hanover College (9-2-2, 5-0-1) during Saturday's Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) match at Fridley Field.
Hanover entered Saturday's match ranked No. 7 in the latest United Soccer Coaches (USC) NCAA D-III Region IV poll.
COACH JENNIFER MYHRE'S COMMENTS
- [Saturday] was an amazing environment to celebrate our seniors with all our families, alumni and friends coming out to support us. Brooke, Taylor and Taylor have led this team well, setting the example of what it means to be #Allof1. They truly serve the team and play with passion, determination and love for their teammates and Christ. We are proud of them and the legacy they will leave. It's been a joy to coach them and we are glad we still have more games to play together.
- We battled hard and given Hanover's formation and dynamic attack, we stayed disciplined and defended well. It was unfortunate about the early Penalty kick, as we were having great moments into the attack and were moving the ball well. Emmalee Paarlberg had a really strong game and came up with some key saves.
- Hanover Goal (Penalty Kick) at 19:39 (1-0): Goal – Callen Johnson
- Hanover Goal at 57:57 (2-0): Goal – Kate Bettner, Assist – Beth Cook
- Hanover Goal at 80:13 (3-0): Goal – Josie Dattilo, Assist – Beth Cook
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Hanover outshot Anderson 19-7 and held a 12-3 advantage in shots on goal.
- Emmalee Paarlberg – Saved 9-of-12 Shots
- Kylie Roberts – 2 Shots, 1 Shots on Goal
- Taylor Fort – 1 Shot, 1 Shot on Goal
- Emily Wilusz – 1 Shot, 1 Shot on Goal
- Lauren Brown – 1 Shot
- Riley Schultz – 1 Shot
- Mandy Williams – 1 Shot
Anderson hosts Manchester University (2-11-1, 1-4-1) on AU Appreciation Day in an HCAC matchup on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. in Fridley Field.