Anderson University women's basketball standout Lexi Dellinger collected several accolades, which was highlighted by receiving the College Sports Communicators (CSC) Academic All-America Team Member-of-the-Year award for NCAA D-III women's basketball on Wednesday, awarded to the nation's top academic all-American in NCAA D-III women's basketball.
Dellinger also garnered two additional major awards. The graduate senior from Berne was selected as a Jostens Trophy Finalist. Dellinger was also named to the D3hoops.com all-region First Team.
The CSC recognized 16 individuals in D-III women's basketball for a combination of athletic and academic excellence. As a Jostens Trophy finalist, Dellinger was selected based on the criteria of basketball ability, academic prowess, and service to one's surrounding communities.
Dellinger is a five-time all-conference selection, a three-time first-team all-conference recipient and has twice been the recipient of a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) Player-of-the-Year award. She is also the program's first-ever 2,000-point scorer. In the classroom, Dellinger is pursuing a Master of Business Administration and maintains a 4.0 cumulative GPA. She earned her bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and graduated with a 3.93 cumulative GPA. Dellinger also teaches full time as fifth-grade teacher at Lapel Elementary School.
Fans can watch her CSC Academic All-America introduction video here.
COACH JON GIN'S COMMENTS
I'm incredibly proud and excited that Lexi is getting nationally recognized for all of the hard work she's put in both on and off the court. She's the epitome of what every college coach wants in an athlete. She has given so much of herself to AUWBB and has left an inspiring legacy. It's been awesome to have a front-row seat to see Lexi change the world this year. As a full-time teacher, the impact she's already had on her students has been immense and it's evident by how many of them filled our stands every game. Lexi has been a true inspiration to our team and our community. She has earned every recognition through her hard work and dedication. I couldn't be happier for her.
LEXI DELLINGER CAREER ACCOLADES
- CSC Academic All-America Team Member of the Year (Gr.)
- Two-Time CSC First-Team Academic All-American (Sr., Gr.)
- Jostens Finalist (Gr.)
- HCAC Player of the Year (Sr.), Co-HCAC Player of the Year (Gr.)
- Two-Time D3hoops.com First-Team All-Region (Sr., Gr.)
- Four-Time D3hoops.com Team-of-the-Week Selection (1xSr., 3xGr.)
- Seven-Time HCAC Athlete of the Week (1xFr., 4xSr., 2xGr.)
- Five-Time All-Conference Recipient (Fr., So., Jr., Sr., Gr.)
- Three-Time First-Team All-HCAC Recipient (Jr., Sr., Gr.)
- Second-Team All-HCAC Recipient (So.)
- Received All-HCAC Honorable Mention (Fr.)
- Named to All-HCAC Freshman Team
- HCAC All-Tournament Team (Sr.)
- Received Academic All-HCAC recognition in each of eligibility (So., Jr., Sr., Gr.)
LEXI DELLINGER 2022-23 STATS
- Points Per Game: 20.4 (21st in nation, 1st in HCAC)
- 3-Point Field-Goal Percentage: 72-142, 41.9% (9th in nation, 1st in HCAC)
- 3-Pointers Per Game: 2.77 (17th in nation, 1st in HCAC)
- Free-Throw Percentage: 127-149, 85.2% (26th in nation, 2nd in HCAC)
- Field-Goal Percentage: 166-379 (43.8%) (3rd in HCAC)
- Assists Per Game: 2.9 (4th in HCAC)
- Rebounds Per Game: 7.3 (6th in HCAC)
- Steals Per Game: 1.8 (6th in HCAC)
- Blocks Per Game: 0.5
LEXI DELLINGER SCHOOL RECORDS
- Career Points: 2,065
- Career 3-Point Field-Goal Percentage: .406
- Career Field Goals Made: 677
- Career Free Throws Made: 425
- Career Field Goals Attempted: 1,565
- Career Free Throws Attempted: 491
- 3-Pointers Made in a Game: 11
- Free Throws Made in a Game with a Perfect Percentage: 12 (Tied)